The things that Animal rescuers do may surprise you. Tom and I work with dachshund and weimaraner rescues, as well as any others that need assistance. Our friend Dianne Frasier and her husband One Eagle who live in Florida, work with dog and cat rescues every day. They are also FOUNDERs and Dianne is a PSYCHIC MEDIUM at Spiritlight
Dianne recently put together some things you may not know about Animal Rescuers:
|Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue|
2. We spend a lot of time at the vet every week getting pets spayed/neutered and meds we give around the clock.
3. We spend a lot of time at shelters trying to decide which of the desperate pets we can save, afford to care for, and agonize over the ones we can't take.
4. We receive an average of 200 network emails a day and half as many phone calls pleading for help, 7 days a week.
5. We have to make adoption appointments or events around our jobs, asking lots of questions of potential adopters and praying a lot for our foster babies.
6. It is very hard for us to go on vacation because of the special care our pets need, most if not all are rescued and special needs pets including seniors.
7. We spend lots of time on our phones even when we are not home, networking for pets out of time at shelters or in desperate situations belonging to people we have never met, who may be hospitalized, losing their home or moving.
8. We don't sleep well after seeing abused animals pix in our emails with pleas for help for funds for vetting or petitions to sign against the abusers.
9. We spend most of our money on pet stuff and most of our time volunteering.
10. There is nothing better than saving a helpless pet, nursing them back to health, then seeing them go home with a great family. The happy pix they send us gets us through steps 1-9.
We know so many people in animal rescue that it's impossible to name them all.
What can you do? DONATE to rescues. They pay for vet bills, provide food, shelter, transportation from one end of the country to another, and more.