Monday, September 1, 2014

Dog Rescue Update: Meet Sweet 12 yr. old Mack -Needs a Home!

Meet Mack - Such a sweet little boy needing a home
On Saturday night we did a dog rescue transport for Coast-to-Coast Dachshund Rescue. Our friend Shelley Sehnert drove to southern NJ to drop off 3 dogs for a transport and picked up Mack for us to transport to our friend April near Washington, DC (she's fostering Mack). 
  An incredibly sweet 12 year old mini, black and tan male dachshund named Mack had been given up by his dad who was going through a divorce in New York. The dad was heartbroken to give him up to the rescue, and Mack was also so upset from being torn away from his dad and his doggy brother (who went to another home) that Mack threw up and got sick. The heartbreak was tremendous for this little dog.
   We kept him overnight and he was AWESOME. He is housetrained, sweet, loves our three dogs, obedient (unlike Tyler and Franklin), peaceful, calm and lovable. I wrote a profile from him and we took pictures and I made a video for the rescue. Our friend April and her family are going to foster him - and I hope he finds a family of humans he can stay with forever because he's had some tough luck with people who can't keep it together. Here's his profile: 

Tom and Mack

MEET MACK THE SWEETEST DACHSHUND IN THE WORLD 

Rob and Mack
Hi - My name is Mack. I am a very calm, obedient, housebroken, quiet, black and tan mini dachshund who needs a loving forever home. My parents just went through a divorce and my dad cried when he called the rescue because he couldn't keep me. My doggy-brother went to a different home and I was so upset I threw up when I saw him go. It was heartbreaking. Please love me. I'm less than 10 pounds of pure love.
 
I get along well with other dogs, and during my overnight at a foster home, played with another little dachshund. I love my bed and blankets, and go to bed and sleep through the night. I don't make a fuss, don't cry and won't keep you up at night. My previous daddy even let me sleep in his bed. I'm really quiet. I also like sleeping in the sunshine when it comes through the window and shines on the carpet.

Mack is a tiny little guy
I know commands, and love to go out in a fenced backyard. I prefer that to walking on a leash (and please don't use a retractable leash, it can be dangerous to me and other doggies). I didn't have messes or mark up my foster home (like some doggies do).

I love toys and take the squeaker out in 5 minutes. I went over to my foster family's toy basket, so if you have one I would know how to use it and love it.

I'm having a few teeth removed, and am in good health. I'm eating wet food right now because some of my teeth hurt, but they'll be fixed when I'm ready for adoption soon. I'm microchipped, so the address needs to be changed when I get to my forever home.

My name went from Buddy to Ziggy to Mack, and I've had really bad luck with humans who fall in love with me and can't keep me because of their own social situations (no fault of mine).  I don't know why humans can't stay together and be a family, and I just want to live out my years and give all my love and be loved.
Mack cuddled with Dolly 

All I want is to be loved.

12 year old Mack is adoptable at coast to coast Dachshund rescue. For information go to: c2cdr.org .  
Contact April at aprilmlindsey@yahoo.com

VIDEO: http://youtu.be/vniFRs9Ke50 





Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy