Monday, September 8, 2014

Tyler's First Class Goes Well!

Tyler arrives
Since Tyler needs more obedience, we've enrolled him in school again. (He's our little black and tan, 17 pound, almost 5 year old lovable "terror"). Last week was the first class, and he did really well!
 Since Tyler doesn't like other dogs when he first meets them I had to put his muzzle on in the beginning, but was able to remove it when we got started.
A happy and proud Tyler after training! 
  He really caught on quickly. The first lessons were to put a treat in an open palm and tell him to stay. He was not supposed to lunge for it. He did at first and I had to close my hand when he did. After a short time, he would stay until I said "okay." Then he would get it. He learned!
  He's good at sitting, and coming when I call. I have found that calling "Tyler, come, come, come, come" in an excited tone gets him to run inside. In fact, the trainer said that's exactly how to get a dog to come to you.
  There were little agility jump poles set up, too, so I did a trial run with him and after the first pole he understood and he jumped all of them with me! He's going to agility class after this class is over. He's proven he's enthusiastic!



Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy