Saturday, September 13, 2014

Baltimore Comic-Con: Part 3: Superheroes, a Spirit visit and Scrooge McDuck


Rob and a female GL
There were a lot of cool costumed heroes and villains walking around the Baltimore Comic-con, and here are some pictures that I took with some of them. I was dressed as the superhero Green Lantern again this year. In this final blog, you'll also read about how a special spirit paid me a visit.




L to R: Hawkeye, Venom, Capt. America, Green Lantern (me), Thor
I got to pose for a picture with the "Avengers" from the Marvel Comics series (and movie). From left to right are the characters: Hawkeye, Venom, Captain America, (me as Green Lantern) and Thor, the God of Thunder. 

A SPECIAL SPIRIT VISITS AT COMIC-CON:  You never know when someone who passed is going to be standing beside you, and our friend Ed, who passed in 1996 was with me at the Comic-con today. He used to read Uncle Scrooge comics (even as an adult) and laugh out loud at them. When I was walking around with Stacey and Tom R. we came across Scrooge McDuck's illustrator!   I knew that Ed was standing right there with me and he was as excited as I was!
Saw Don Rosa - Scrooge McDuck's illustrator! 

GOT TO MEET SCROOGE MC DUCK'S ILLUSTRATOR! -  Keno Don Hugo Rosa, known simply as Don Rosa (born June 29, 1951), is an American comic book writer and illustrator known for his stories about Scrooge McDuckDonald Duck and other Disney characters. 

Scrooge McDuck
Scrooge McDuck is a cartoon character created in 1947 by Carl Barksand licensed by The Walt Disney Company. Scrooge is an elderly Scottish anthropomorphic Pekin Duck with a yellow-thrift, and within the context of the fictional Disney universe, he is the world's richest person.
Named after Ebenezer Scrooge from the 1843 novel A Christmas Carol, Scrooge is a wealthy Scottish business magnate and tycoon.
 

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy