Monday, February 3, 2014

Meet Gus the Foster Dog (Dachshund)

Gus snoozing after 3 1/2 hours of socializing at Pet Valu
 One of the things we do for the Coast-to-Coast Dachshund Rescue and the DC Weimaraner Rescue is help out with in-store adoption and fund raising events from time to time. On Saturday, Feb. 1st, I (Rob) met our friend April  to get her foster dog named Gus. Gus came with me to Pet Valu in Gambrills, Md. for an adoption and fund-raising event.
  Gus is looking for a forever home and is available for rescue at www.c2cdr.org. 
  Gus is a chocolate and tan dapple dachshund. He weighs approximately 17 pounds.
Gus at Pet Value looking for a home

MEET GUS!! 
Hi, my name is Gus! I'm a chocolate and tan dapple dachshund and I'm a little guy and I smile all the time (you'll find out why shortly).  I weigh about 15 pounds and I've had a challenging start to my life. I'm n a foster home, but I'm looking for a forever home!

I'm a curious dog, about 3 years old, brown eyes, short-haired and very cute. I'm a passive little guy, and I don't bark all that much and play with my dachshund foster brother. I have anxiety and don't like to be left alone, so if you work at home, or are retired, I'd be a perfect dog for you. I also love companion dogs!!  My foster family believes that my anxiety should be easily overcome once I'm able to establish confidence in my forever home and not worry about what will happen to me next. I agree!  For being a young dachshund I'm not overly excitable but I'm open to playing fetch from time to time, although if given a choice I'd likely prefer to just cuddle up and snuggle.

Gus looking for a forever home
I don't like cats, however, so I should avoid houses with cats). Every now and then I pee to show submission, but I'm working on that.

I love rolling over on my back and getting my chest and tummy rubbed. I love being petted and cuddled. I give kisses, too. I do well riding in cars, and I'm crate trained.

What's my story? Well, I only remember wandering the streets in Tennessee with my companion/dachshund, Tilly (who has found a forever home already, fortunately). A nice woman found us, and called Coast-to-Coast Dachshund Rescue. The rescue took me in, cleaned me up, got me vaccinated and checked out, and I had to get some teeth pulled. In fact, one of my front teeth is missing so I have a smile all the time!

Watch a video of me from February 1, 2014: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCiV5WBhbdAhttp://
My adoption fee is only $250 and I'm healthy and waiting for you with a wagging tail.



 

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy