Thursday, November 8, 2012

Remembering My Dad on His Birthday

  Today, Nov. 8, would've been my Dad's birthday. He would have been 85 today. He passed in 2008.
  As I wrote in this blog in 2009l I miss my Dad every day. I miss the letters he would write me every couple of weeks, filled with newspaper clippings, a superhero comic book or two that he would go out of his way to surprise me with, or other little things.

(PHOTO: One of my favorite pics of Dad and Mom, where Dad was laughing at something during opening presents at Christmas)

Dad's letters were filled with what he and Mom have done, who they met, where they went out to shop or eat, or how they were fixing the house. Dad always wrote about what was happening in my hometown in Mass., or talk about the weather, ask about Tom and the dogs, or tell me about the latest book he was reading and how good it was. I'm now reading many of his books, and that's how I'm remembering him on this day.
 
I've been fortunate enough to communicate with my dad many times since he passed. Dad's helped me find things, given me signs to calm my mother and shown me what life is like after our time on Earth. He's always here if I need him- all I have to do is call him, and that's a blessing. I think of dad in every comic book I read, every book I read, and every time I write something. He inspired me to read and write.  I still talk to my Dad and know he can hear me, and occasionally he talks back! :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy