Sunday, November 4, 2012

Home Project: Barrel Shed

Owning a home means always being busy with upkeep, and recently our barrel shed, made of wood, has been falling apart even though its less than 2 years old. Turns out that the $400 shed wasn't a good investment, so we finally gave up and bought a plastic one.
  Tom put the plastic one together, and that left me (Rob) to perform destruction of the old wooden shed. Tom's always better at building things, and I'm always better at destroying them, so it was a perfect balance. I took the doors off the old shed, and we're using it in the backyard near the tool shed, to store outside stuff. Here's a pic of the old shed as I was taking it apart, and the new shed.
  Bottom line: If you need a barrel shed, get plastic. Wood is too fragile with the extreme summer heat we now get, and the cold winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy