Thursday, August 4, 2011

Vet Visit and a Recovery Day

I (Rob) just returned from visiting my mother in Massachusetts where I spent several days helping her around the house. I'll have a pictorial of the trip here on the blog soon. Meanwhile, today has been a day of catching up on sleep, walking the dogs, answering a ton of email (I didn't have connectivity in Mass.) and taking the dogs to the vet. 
   This is a picture of our vet, Dr Yates, at Family Vet Clinic in Gambrills, Md. with Dolly (left); Franklin (center) and Sprite (right). She's been treating them for years. Dolly's paw was checked after she stepped into a cup of hot Dunkin' Donuts coffee yesterday on my drive home from Mass. Fortunately, I thought fast and had a bottle of water to pour on it, and coated it with triple antibiotic ointment and covered it with one of my socks, so it helped reduce any blistering. Today, there were only some minor signs of redness! Yay! 
  Franklin went in for removal of stitches on his paw. An abscess developed in his left (digging) paw and he had to have surgery after 1 month of trying medication. Turns out there were 5 small things in his paw, causing the infection. So, now that the surgery is healed, the stitches came out! 
 Sprite just went along for the ride and to bark at the mutt in the reception area. Well, he had to do SOMETHING!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy