Thursday, August 25, 2011

"For Good" - a great song from WICKED

We were treated to see the musical "Wicked" last weekend and it was great!  This song, "For Good" was at the end and a wonderful song. Two of the singers/actors on GLEE did a version, and it's awesome. We think you'll enjoy it, too. 


Tom found the lyrics!

I’ve heard it said that people come into our lives
For a reason bringing something we must learn
And we are led to those who help us most to grow
If we let them and we help them in return
Well I don’t know if I believe that’s true
But I know I am who I am today
Because I knew you.
Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes the sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood
Who can say if I’ve been changed for the better
‘Cuz I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It well may be that we will never meet again
In this lifetime so let me say before we part
So much of me is made from what I learned from you
You’ll be with me like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know what that you have rewritten mine
By being my friend.

Like a ship blown from its mooring by a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird in a distant wood
Who can say if I’ve been changed for the better, but
Because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

I do believe I have been changed for the better
Because I knew you
I have been changed for good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy