Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sprite's Adoption Event

Today I spent 2 hours at the Golden Ring Mall (Baltimore, Md.) Petco, doing an adoption event with Sprite.  - It went well once I got situated. The staff accommodated me with a table and chair near the entrance- which was good for exposure as people came into the store.  
 - I taped a sign for the "Coast-to-Coast Dachshund rescue adoption event" on the table, brought a "Welcome sign" with a dachshund, a photo of Franklin in a stand up frame and adoption materials and a description of Sprite and his behaviors/habits. Sprite sat on his bed on the table with me. 
 -There were about 20 people that came over to pet him and meet him. One woman seemed especially interested and took his picture with her phone and sent it to her husband. She just lost a dog and seemed to immediately fall for Sprite. I had her pick him up and hold him, and she seemed to melt. She asked how he was with cats, and we brought him over to the cats up for adoption-in another part of the store. He ignored them! (She has 2 cats and a dog).
- A couple of others took the info about Sprite and said they would consider him or pass the info along to someone they know. So, it seemed to be successful, at least in terms of interest. A couple of people said they'd check out the rescue as well, hopefully to help out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy