Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Laptop... sigh..

I'm being forced to get a laptop for work and this is the one they're giving me.  I hate, hate, hate laptops (yes, I know many people have them). They're clunky, cumbersome and more junk to drag back and forth to work. They're bad for carpal tunnel syndrome (I've dealt with that) and the last time I had one the hard drive crashed on three "New" apple laptops in a row. Turns out the type of laptop (which was the same over and over) were all defective. So, I've sworn off them. Now I'm being forced to use one again. Sigh.
- After reading the reviews below, I can't tell you how excited I am to get it.

DELL  Latitude E6510

Average Customer Rating:
3.583 out of 5
 
 
Title:LOCK UP PROBLEM

Product Uses:architect
Review:I've had this machine for about 2 months. I use it 8 hours a day doing Autocad. After spending about 20 hours loading it up with all of my software. It locks up at least 3-4 times a day, I have to power it off and lose all information since my last save. Worked with Dell for a day running all hardware test. They concluded it was windows xp. So they sent me a new hard drive. It was supposed to be loaded with all the software I bought it with, but NO. It was not even formatted. Spent another 4 hours with Dell on the phone just loading everything that it should of had when I got it.
After that I had spent another 10 hours loading all of my stuff again. One day later...LOCKED UP.
I am running the same exact setup I have ran for the last couple of years on another Dell computer. I want my money and time back. But Dell will not do that. DO NOT BUY THIS COMPUTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy