Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Concert!

Tom treated me, his parents, sister and her boyfriend to a Christmas Concert from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir of Washington, D.C. yesterday. It was a very nice concert and they covered a medley of traditional songs in the beginning, followed by some Christmas songs that I had never heard before. There was a violinist who performed three songs and was incredibly talented (a young woman whose name I don't recall). There was also a curious performance of a man reading a russian story of a young girl in a small village that was killed during a conflict and her Christmas bell was a sole reminder to her surviving father. It was depressing. Anyway, overall, it was a nice concert and a nice way to get in the spirit of the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy