Monday, November 8, 2010

A Birthday Observance

This morning I'm remembering my dad, whose birthday is today. It's difficult to believe that Dad passed over 2 years ago in August 2008, because he's always still around in some way. Either through the letters I write to others (which he always did) books I read, Dunkin' coffee (he liked it black with sugar- yes, I remember) or many other things. So, today in honor of what would've been my dad's birthday I started reading a book by one of his favorite authors. I'm reading Vince Flynn's "Extreme Measures" (fiction) which is a thriller featuring Mitch Rapp, a character who works for the CIA. I think that as I read it (even through my thoughts) that dad can hear it, as if I'm reading it to him. Happy Birthday, Dad. You'll always be around. Love, Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy