Monday, February 22, 2010

An Anniversary

(Photo: Buzz the puppy in 2004)
We all acknowledge anniversaries in different ways, and sometimes with flowers. Today, February 22, five years ago Rob's first Weimaraner puppy Buzz-Wyatt lost his life from a reckless driver when his leash opened. It's always been a somber day, but Buzz has come back to me (Rob) about 13 different times, including audible signs a visible appearance and various other ways. I know Buzz is at peace, so I'm content with that. Besides, if that tragic event didn't happen, we wouldn't have adopted our Weimaraner Dolly, who brings so much joy to our lives today. Buzz had deep green eyes, and everyone that saw them said "that puppy had an old soul." I totally agree. He was here for many reasons, and he taught me so much in a short time. I could go on, but I won't.
As I do on this day every year, I drop a single red rose on the spot where the accident occurred to let him know I shall never forget him (he knows that anyway, as do all spirits of loved ones who have passed on). So on the way home from a doctor's appointment today, I paid a quick visit to the site, told him I love him and brought him his rose (see photo).
It's so important to know that when someone passes away, they're only gone from the physical plane. They're still around whenever we call them, talk to them out loud (although you should limit those conversations to a private place so people don't think you've got issues), or think of them. Energy (the human spirit) can never be destroyed, only converted to a different form.
Here's to you, Buzz, I will always love you, and thank you for letting me know you're still checking in from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy