Thursday, February 18, 2010

Computer Woes- BAD Geek Squad

On Sunday, when we returned from vacation we spent most of the day getting the computer to run again, after buying Windows 7. Vista destroyed all the files in it for the 2nd time in 2 months, so we've had enough of that operating system to last me a lifetime. We brought the computer to Best Buy to have their Geek Squad wipe Vista off, and they gave it back to me with nothing done. They said they "did a diagnostic that costs $70 and found that the hard-drive on the 2 year old computer was fine." But didn't do what I asked them to do (wipe off Vista) so, when I got it home, the computer went haywire on me again. I somehow managed to get it to boot Windows 7 and override Vista. I will never use "Geek Squad" at Best Buy again. If you DO have a Vista operating system, BUY the Windows 7, and over-ride it. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy