Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to the Inspirational Dolly Parton!


Happy Birthday Dolly Parton!
Today, Dolly Parton celebrates her 64th birthday. Why is that important to me(Rob)?
She's been an amazing and powerful influence on my attitude, personality and outlook on life. Dolly is the greatest. She's not only one of the most talented people in the world, but a perfect role model, too. When I first saw her in 9 to 5 and listened to her talk about being optimistic and loving everyone (until they screw it up), I knew I could have that same outlook, and it's helped me thoroughly enjoy life. Every time I hear Dolly talk or sing, it makes me smile and feel good. I love the way she makes fun of herself, loves others, makes people feel comfortable, welcomes people of all lifestyles and walks of life and enjoys life. If only everyone would learn that, the world would be a better place.

In fact, that's why our Weimaraner is named Dolly!
For Dolly's web page: www.dollyon-line.com/
Happy Birthday, Dolly!
Here's a video of Dolly singing "Here You Come Again" from her recent "Live in London" tour. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy