Monday, January 11, 2010

Spirit of a Dachshund Says Hello


Last evening Tom and I picked up a couple of things in the supermarket for a friend of ours who lives nearby, because he's dealing with some health issues. We drove over to his house and went inside for a couple of minutes to check out the renovations he had done in his home.
Last month, his 14 year old dachshund companion, "Rusty" had passed away.
When Tom and I were standing in our friend's hallway and peering into the renovated bathroom, I was startled by a rustling sound right down the hall from where we were standing. It was little Rusty's spirit who came back to check in on his dad, and Rusty was playing with a toy or some paper (like a newspaper). I couldn't see Rusty, but I certainly heard him and immediately sensed him (I got my tell-tale headache in the back of my head). The noise he was making on the floor was about 10 feet from where I was standing!
It's a common occurrence for our pets to come back and keep us company from time to time once they've crossed over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy