Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ed's Spirit Joins us for Lunch

Tom's late partner Ed joined us for lunch today in Washington, DC. Ed passed 12 years ago, and he and Tom were together for many years. Today, Robert L., a friend that Tom knew when Ed was alive, came to Washington, DC for an event, and we met him for lunch.
Robert relayed several stories of Ed's spirit visiting him in his house in central Virginia over the last 12 years, and today was the first time that Robert and Tom were physically in the same room since Ed's services 12 years ago.

(PHOTO: L to R: Robert L., Rob (me), Tom)
After picking Robert up at the hotel where he was staying, we went to lunch at a Ruby Tuesdays restaurant. After ordering, Robert and Tom started talking about Ed. Then I started getting my tell-tale headache in the back left part of my head- which indicates a ghost or spirit is around. It was Ed and he let me know. Ed's spirit suddenly filled me with feelings of his love and friendship for Tom and Robert. Although I couldn't see him, I sensed him sitting in the chair right next to Robert (Tom and I were sitting on the other side of the table facing Robert and the empty chair that now had Ed's spirit in it).
Ed conveyed a couple of messages to me. He said that he "screwed up," and did something that led to his passing in his 30s. He also said to tell Robert and Tom to stop talking about the funeral and wake and talk about the "funny things" they used to do together. Ed filled me with so much emotion while I was sitting there, that I teared up.
As Robert conveyed some of the stories about Ed, I sensed him sitting in the chair, sometimes I had to "check with him" to make sure he was still there - he was. As we were served lunch, Ed said "Tell them I love 'em" and then he told me to ask them about a "small silver car." I had no idea what that meant.
When I mentioned it, Tom recalled that Ed had a small silver car that he used to put his landscaping tools and even a lawnmower in! That silver car was Ed's way of proving to all of us that he was indeed sitting with us over lunch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy