Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lump found on Dolly - updated

UPDATE -POST-VET VISIT: I just returned from the vet, and she confirmed that it's a fatty deposit.
She told me to watch it for "quick growth" over the next couple of weeks...So, my mind is eased. Thanks so much for your emails, facebook notes, etc. It's such a blessing to have such great friends.

PREVIOUS POST:
I was playing with our 5 year old Weimaraner, Dolly, this morning and noticed a quarter-sized fatty lump at the bottom of Dolly's chest area. It's not bleeding or oozing, so that's a good sign, however, I'm trying not to get panicked over it. Dolly already had major surgery a couple of years ago for urinary tract issues (which the surgery has fixed).
Our friends Todd and Erica's Weimaraner, Beamer recently had the same thing and it was a fatty deposit. They had it safely removed from the vet.
I don't know if Weims tend to get fatty deposits especially in that area, but it seems odd. Also, Beamer is also around the same age.
I'm hoping it's a fatty deposit, because I tend to panic. I also think it would be best to have it removed ASAP, before it can grow or become something worse. However, I'll do whatever is best for Dolly. We now have a 4pm appt. at the Vet today.
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM CATHY IN PA: All three of my previous weimaraners had fatty deposit lumps. Only one had to be removed. My vet said that most dogs get them when they get older and because of the weims short hair you see them more than in dogs with longer fur. Hope all goes well at the vets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy