Monday, January 18, 2010

If it's supposed to feel like a day off, it doesn't...

If it's supposed to feel like a day off, it doesn't. I've been running around all day.
It was dry outside today, so I walked the dogs this morning about 1 mile. Then, our subcontractors, now contractors (THAT story will be written in the next couple of days- what a mess!) arrived to work on the bathroom and paint the kitchen.
Because of the contractor/subcontractor mess, we now have to buy the supplies - so while Tom had to go to work, I went to Home Depot and bought 3 gallons of paint. I also went to order the interior door for the bathroom, but they couldn't order it, despite what the manufacturer's website indicated. So, after 25 minutes with the Home Depot employee, we figured that out. I called Tom and he then wound up ordering it over the phone to be delivered to a nearby lumber company.
I returned home and made lunch for Darold (who is also off today), dropped off the paint, walked the dogs for another Mile, then went to Lowes and bought crown molding and a roll of plastic for the contractors to use when painting/smoothing out the walls to paint.
I can't prepare dinner because Pete smoothed out the drywall patch (or whatever it's called) in the kitchen, so there's dust all over the kitchen. When the contractors are done, I'll be vacuuming, dusting, mopping, etc. This is quite the "day off!" :) At least it's one of a lot of progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy