Monday, January 4, 2010

A Splinter in the Eye - Surgically Removed- OUCH


Remember that saying from the Bible: "Why do you look at the splinter in someone else's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" Well, I WAS dealing with splinter in MY eye last night and this morning and it hurt!! Last night, when I let the dogs outside we had winds gusting to 50 mph (after the passage of a cold front) and although I was wearing my glasses, somehow the wind managed to lodge a splinter in my eye. OUCH. Yes, it was a painful as it sounds. Oddly, I couldn't see it and neither could Tom. I tried washing it out, blowing it out with a hairdryer, etc. Nothing worked. I went to the eye doc this morning, and he numbed the eye and used his magnifiers to find it. It was "shot directly into the eye" so it appeared as a microscopic speck. The doctor used tiny tweezers to remove it. Eeesh. So, next time winds are gusting and you're protecting your eyes - it may not be enough. Those tropical-storm-force wind gusts can really make some trouble, especially for your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy