Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wet Days and Simple Dog Pleasures

(IMAGE: National Weather Service Radar, 1/7/09 at 8:10pm EST)
We've had two VERY damp, cloudy, rainy days here in Maryland where temperatures hovered around (mostly just over) the freezing mark. That makes it tough to walk the dogs, but today at lunch I managed to get a walk in in the 30 minutes that were rain-free (good timing for lunch at 1pm). The pouring rain resumed shortly afterward.(This is a photo I got off the Internet- the ball Dolly, Franklin and I were playing with were tennis balls, but this was pretty funny looking!): On Tuesday and this morning (Wednesday) it was raining both mornings, so after the dogs went out back in their raincoats and came in (and were toweled off), they still needed exercise. So, instead of going on a 30 minute walk (as usual) I stayed in with them and tossed a ball for that amount of time. They seemed to enjoy it just as much. Not only was that FUN for the dogs, but FUN for me, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy