Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New England has Come a Long Way in 20 Years

Wow. I read the following article on CNN today about a bill proposing gay marriage in Maine and thought- It's amazing how people in New England seem to be so much more understanding, accepting and caring of EVERYONE. This is totally opposite of how I felt when I moved from there 20 years ago, when I thought a lot of people were unfriendly. Now, MA and CT have gay marriages. Vermont has civil unions. For a state like Maine to consider gay marriage is tremendous. It's nice to see that the "Down home friendliness" of Maine really DOES extend to every human being there.
BILL WOULD ALLOW SAME-SEX MARRIAGE IN MAINE - A Maine lawmaker introduced a bill on Tuesday that would allow same-sex marriages in the state. FULL STORY: http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/14/maine.same.sex.marriage/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy