Sunday, January 11, 2009

Movie Theatre Dampens My "Spirit"

I've been looking forward to seeing the superhero film "The Spirit" since I heard about the movie in September 2008! It was released Christmas day, and yesterday we finally got to the theatre to see it! So, last night (Saturday) I was so excited, as it's been a long time since we've been to the movies. Anyway, we checked the listings on-line and in the newspaper, and there was a 5:20pm show. We drove to Annapolis Mall and when we got to the ticket window, management had REMOVED the showing and ALL showings except the 10:30pm show (who in the hell goes to the movies at 10:30pm???). I was livid.
The employee told me some DUMB movie about "bride wars" was going to be shown in the theatre slated for the "Spirit" from now on. He said "Bride Wars" is sold out. Yes, a movie about 2 women in a cat fight over weddings. I just don't understand the mentality. An adventure movie with a plot, great photography, handsome and famous actors and actresses, intrigue, mystery and suspense is THROWN OUT of a theatre in place of stupid, slapstick cat fights? I'm exasperated. I guess I'm going to just have to keep watching the movie trailer on-line until it comes out in DVD. SIGH.
The Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDeOkaCUUI8&feature=related
After that, we decided we'd just go to dinner, which we did. We then went home and watched on DVD an episode of the BBC's "Hetty Wainthrop Investigates" followed by an episode of "Murder She Wrote." Both of which are WAY better than some stupid movie about a cat fight. Hell, we see those in real life every day! (Can you tell I'm bitter about it?!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy