Friday, January 23, 2009

2 Real Hero Stories in the News!

Superheroes don't just exist in comic books- they're everywhere in society today. From caretakers to Police and Firemen and women, folks in the military, teachers, animal shelter and rescue workers and so many more. Those people are all heroes to me. In today's news, there are stories of two other real-life heroes, that I thought you'd like to read. One story from Washington, DC, the other from Boston, Mass.
** There are a lot of people out there who need a hero - and even a smile or a hug can make you a hero. Here's What I Mean: I remember being in St. Edward's Catholic church in Nashville in 1996, sitting by myself, when an elderly woman came in alone and sat next to me. During the "sign of peace" I asked her if she would like a hug, and she said, "Yes, please." I gave her one. She thanked me several times, and I'll never forget her smile. So, a simple hug can make YOU a hero to someone who really needs to know that someone cares.
HERE ARE THE STORIES IN THE NEWS:
DAY AFTER SAVING WOMAN, TRANSIT HERO HELPS SAVE FIRE VICTIMS
Less than 24 hours after saving a woman who fell in front of a Washington subway train, a Houston, Texas, transit cop was at it again.
FULL STORY: http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/22/metro.hero/index.html

A Fire Department dispatcher chased and captured a mugger at an Orange Line MBTA Subway station in Boston. http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/01/23/t_rider_tells_of_nabbing_suspect/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy