Monday, December 29, 2008

Head Bruisin', Cataracts and a Pain in the Neck!

The year 2008 is going out with a bang for me (Rob). On Saturday, I was kneeling on the kitchen floor, at the sliding glass doors trying to let the dogs out to chase a squirrel off our new bird feeder. Dolly, our weimaraner came running in underneath me as I was bent over tending to Franklin's tee-shirt (it was cold out) and she picked her head up quickly and the top of her head crashed into my forehead just above my right eye. Needless to say, 3 days later it STILL aches, and is still tender. Fortunately, Dolly's head is a lot harder than mine, so she's fine. I'm still taking Ibuprofen!
Another year, and getting older: I noticed about a year ago that I couldn't turn my head to the left more than 20 degrees without pain. Over the last week, the pain is now there no matter what I do. So, I decided to go to a chiropractor and had my first visit this morning (Monday the 29th). They took X-rays and I learned that the night-time numbness in my arms may be related to the pain in my neck. Also, lately I've noticed when I'm tired, my tongue doesn't seem to want to pronounce some words clearly without a lot of effort. I think all three of these issues may be connected.
- Although, Back in 2005, I took Actifed (with pseuoephedrine) for allergies, and it paralyzed one side of my body for four hours - landing me in the hospital, and prevented me from speaking (making my tongue half-paralyzed), so I wonder if it did any nerve damage that's being triggered by my "pain in the neck." (I love saying that for some reason). Will know more later as I get the x-ray results later today.
Oh, yeah, Tom's cataract surgery was now 3 weeks ago, and he's still seeing halos, and the edge of the plastic lens they implanted in his right eye. In fact, when I look into his eyes I can also see the lens. We hope that those side-effects go away, as he has to have the other eye done in mid-2009. God, it stinks getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy