Monday, December 8, 2008

Grammar and Spelling Really are Important...: )

In my job as a Deputy news chief, I'm responsible for making sure press releases and other stories are grammatically correct and words are spelled correctly. I also check format. Today has been a banner day in editing for me -I've been swamped with fixing errors. Then, Tom sent me this email from his office, and the only thing he could say was "Oh dear. Where do you start?"
I read the memo he got today and just had to laugh out loud. I now feel much better about all the edits I've had to do. - Rob

Subject: Cleaning up after yourself's
REMINDER: Here lately, I been noticing that people are still not cleaning up after them self’s and leaving dishes in the sink and the counter dirty . It was also brought to my attention that some of you who worked over the weekend left the kitchen a mess with dirty dishes in the sink and on the counter. This kind of behavior will surely bring some unwanted guess into our facility if we don’t clean behind yourself.
Again, so please be courtesy and take the time to clean-up after yourself.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy