Friday, December 26, 2008

My Dad's Spirit Visits Me Christmas Eve


On Dec. 23 when we were turning in for the night, I asked my dad aloud if he'd give me a sign that he's around on Christmas. He did. The next night, Christmas eve, after having dinner at our house with Tom's parents, we drove to a Grace Baptist Church in Bowie for their Christmas choir concert.
During the concert I wasn't feeling the best, and was a little lightheaded. It was a similar feeling I had before my friend Lynn's mother came through to me last summer. Anyway, about half-way through the concert, I closed my eyes and saw my Dad sitting next to a Christmas tree with my late grandmother (his mother) on the other side of it. Dad first appeared to me similar to the way he looked about a year or two before he passed, as did my grandmother. Then, they both reverted back to how they looked when they were in their 30s. This photo of my dad is from 1958 from when he was around 30 years old. The vision kept flashing back and forth between their appearances before they passed to their younger selves. (NOTE: When spirits pass, they first appear the way they did around that time, then choose what "appearance" to have in the next realm, usually younger. Both my dad and my grandmother looked young and vibrant, with light brownish hair (no grey and no wrinkles). This is apparently how they choose to look in the afterlife.
The next thing I saw was my Dad standing behind my mother, who was seated in a chair facing a Christmas tree. She was wearing black and white and I saw a flash of red.
Dad also showed me a gold decorative pin of a Christmas tree with little stones in it. He told me that this was his favorite and mom should wear it. The vision then faded.
After the concert, I called my younger brother's house, where my mom was on Christmas eve. My sister-in-law Sue answered. I asked her if mom was wearing black and white with red, or if she had the christmas tree pin on. Sue said "no" to all. I thought, Hmmm... what was that vision about then? I said Merry Christmas and after hearing how my nephews liked their presents Tom and I sent them, I hung up. Sue didn't mention it to my mother. The next night would be confirmation of what I saw.
The next night was Christmas of course, and after Tom and I had breakfast at his parents' house, and then a nice Christmas dinner here with our friends Jeff and Gary, I called my mom. She had just returned home from Christmas dinner. My older brother and his wife Dawn took my mom to Dawn's sister's house for Christmas dinner. I said to my mom "Are you wearing black and white with some red?" She didn't answer for a minute. Then she asked "Why?" I said, "Dad told me you'd be wearing black and white today, and sitting near a chair facing a Christmas tree. He showed me a little red, too. He also showed me that he was standing behind you the whole time." Mom was shocked. She was wearing black and white. She said when she was getting dressed, she also took out a red blouse instead of the white one she eventually put on. She wanted to know how I knew. I told her that Dad came to me and showed the colors to me, and that he was with her all day on Christmas.
Yes, mom cried over it, and so did I. She didn't have the Christmas tree pin on, but knew where it was and would look for it to wear on the 26th. Having this ability has been a real blessing to me, and a true comfort for my mother. Honestly, it still freaks me out when I confirm things that spirits show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy