Friday, December 12, 2008

The Evil That People Do to Dogs

My friend and co-worker Rebecca and her husband have a dachshund, and foster others. Today she sent me this photo of a dog she's newly fostering from the North American Dachshund Rescue. There are many stories of dogs that come from this kind of abuse.
Rebecca said that this little guy was found in a dumpster covered in paint - weighing in at about half his normal weight (7-8 lbs) of 15-16 lbs...he is being treated for an incredibly bad case of heartworms....it is believed that the worms have done so much damage that he may not be able to continue on....but time will tell...and in the mean time, he will be warm, loved and have a full belly.
It totally disgusts me that humans could EVER conceive of doing such evil to innocent animals. If ever I see that kind of behavior, the person doing it will get a lesson they'll never forget (and likely won't ever be able to sit down again, because other parts of their anatomy will be in the way after I'm done with them).
There are MANY dogs like this little guy that need good homes, or foster homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy