Saturday, September 27, 2008

You wait all week for Saturday, and...

It's raining. Yup. A dog event that I've had on the calendar for 2 months is cancelled due to a pain-in-the-butt Low pressure system that's now sitting near southwestern Virginia and bringing clouds and showers from VA to Maine. We were supposed to go the Pet Appreciation Festival and Pet Memorial Day observance
at Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens in Timonium, MD with our friends Brooke, Pat and their dog Eli. Well, I'm pretty miffed. I wait all week to finally do something that's not work and it's cancelled. Okay, it wouldn't so bad if we didn't have 17 straight days of Sunshine and No rain beforehand. Timing is everything.
On top of that, we got our haircuts this morning at a nearby barber. There were 4 people cutting hair, and an older gentleman (who was one of the barbers) said "Next." I went next. Big mistake. I have a big "lump" of hair on the side of my head that he didn't thin out to match the other side. I now have to trim it myself or pad it down with lots of hair gel until my next haircut. I knew he'd screw something up when he wouldn't stop talking about his wife and kids great "2 week adventure out west." He kept stopping and talking with his hands over and over again. Yeah, I was exasperated. Meanwhile, Tom and another person were done with another barber (a more talented woman) in the time it took the Talker to finish chopping my hair. Thaaaaaat's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy