Thursday, September 18, 2008

3pm EDT Sept. 18 Update on Dolly - Post-Surgery

3PM UPDATE: Dolly is HOME. I picked her up at 1:30pm today. She's doing okay. Her backside looks like a stitched patchwork, but she's very mellow, and on 2 different pain meds, and antibiotics. (I asked if they had valium for me - but they didn't!). When she came in the room, I teared up - she's shaved in back, and over her lower back, as she was given an epidural.
She has to wear an inflatable collar around her neck for the next 2 weeks, so she doesn't lick "back there." She's snoozing in it right now, so it's not terribly uncomfortable. It's so good to have our baby home.

Earlier Post: Surgery didn't happen until after 6:00pm last night, and the vet called me around 8:30pm and said it went well. I don't know if Dolly was conscious or not by that time though. The vet said that they were going to attempt to feed her later last night, and walk her outside for a minute or two. I'll know more today- I'm supposed to call her after 9 am this morning, and check if I can pick her up today/tonight... so that's all I know at the moment.
Meanwhile, Franklin has been mopey all day yesterday and this morning. He won't get up. He just hides under a blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy