Sunday, September 21, 2008

2 Electricians and Recovery Day #4:Sunday

We're staying close to home this weekend, because Dolly is in a lot of pain from her surgery. SO, on Saturday we had two electricians here to work on several projects. The light switch on our stairway doesn't work right on both floors; we had two spotlights wired up in the backyard (to see the dogs at night); an attic light installed; wiring to the new backyard fountain we bought (at 50% off last weekend!)and a light and ceiling fan in the new patio we built (but still haven't enclosed). The job is continuing on Sunday, too. Meanwhile, there's no rest for us. I made a run to the dump and bought 12 mum plants and 5 bags of hardwood mulch. After we moved our new fountain, Tom planted the mums and mulched another new bed of plants he planted last weekend. (see photo) Because we've put so much effort into the backyard, I made a little VIDEO TOUR of some of the backyard, so you could see it!

DOLLY UPDATE DAY #4: When Dolly relieves herself she cringes, because of the pain. It's supposed to subside after a week. I can't wait. Further, she's learned to work her way out of the Elizabethan (plastic) collar, and can actually bend past the inflatable dog collar. Fortunately, she's really good about not going to her stitches. She's on Codeine and Rimadyl (I think people take both, although I've never had Rimadyl). Saturday night into Sunday, I slept on the floor with her again, and she was a lot more comfortable, only getting up 4-5 times and moving. I've been walking her and Franklin short distances around the neighborhood, and the small amount of exercise seems to relieve the pain she gets when she pees. So, that's a good thing. Tonight I plan on sleeping in our bed for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy