Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes! Simple things made the day

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes yesterday!  Today's blog is about how I like celebrating a birthday, and what I did yesterday!  The end of the day provided me with a great weather surprise, too - thanks to three people on the other side. 


Things that made the day include  - Time with Tyler, Dash, Cody and Tom, of course!  Dunkin' coffee and a pop tart for breakfast (my daily routine). I did work 1/2 a day, and it was fine. But we drove to Dunkin' for coffee and a delicious egg sandwich for lunch. 

(Photo: Cody checks out the sod we laid down) 

Not fun, but rewarding - We laid down sod for about 3 hours in the afternoon... Not exactly on my "great birthday things list" but the yard looked better, so a sense of accomplishment is always good. 


Add in a workout after all that physical labor,  a dog walk through the woods, reading a couple of comic books, and then a nice dinner out. AND - as we were going to dinner, the day was topped off with a  rainbow from the spirits of my mom and dad and friend Ed.

I closed the day by watching an episode of my favorite TV show: "Murder She Wrote" (while Tom watched a violent horror movie in another room). Then, blogging and working on book #11.  Whew!  

That said, it was great. And thanks to family and friends, that's what really made it amazing. Wishing your birthdays are all good. I've learned to appreciate the simple things and that's the secret to enjoying a good life.

(Photo:  rainbow from the spirits of my mom and dad and friend Ed on Oct 17, 2023 over southern Maine).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy