Monday, October 16, 2023

A Fun Collection of 1940s Batman Stories: Batman Collection Vol. 8

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the 1940s-era Batman and Robin classic stories in The Batman Chronicles series -  volume 8. This softcover trade paperback Is number eight in the series that presents Batman stories in the exact order of publication. This volume includes the Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, and the Scarecrow in early appearances!!  I had no idea the Scarecrow made his first appearance in the early 1940s. How fun to read these, and it really gives you a sense of the 1940s. 

   What I find striking is that many gangsters and thieves wore a suit, a fedora (hat), shoes and a tie. Thieves just don't dress up nowadays. :)  

This fun collection reprints Detective comics #71-74 and Batman, #14 and #15 as well as World's Finest Comics #8 and #9 and I highly recommend it. In fact, it also makes several references to World War 2, which was happening at the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy