Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Spotlight: My friend Denise DeSerio, a Freelance artist specializing in pastel animal portraits

Over the last couple of years, I connected to a facebook friend with an amazing talent. Denise DeSerio from Madison, Wisconsin is a freelance artist specializing in pastel animal portraits. You will be amazed at her work. She takes such care and attention to detail that you would swear you are looking at a photograph highlighted to enhance your dog, cat or horse's personality. She also recently inspired the idea for the cover of my new book, Pets and the Afterlife 3 when she sent me an image after our dog Dolly passed. In today's blog you'll see some examples of her incredible work. If you have a pet that you would like to memorialize in a painting, check her out.

INFO: Denise DeSerio, DeSerio DeSigns Madison, WI Email: deseriodesigns@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/DeSerio-DeSigns-115544928826/


Denise painted a portrait of a cat named Frankie and posted a side-by-side image of her work next to the photograph. She said, "I strive for hyper-realism in my pastel portraits. Here you can see my pastel rendering of Frankie on the left; the actual photo on the right."

(Image right: "Smoky," the cat 8x8, pastels on pastelmat. I love doing these close up faces!- Denise)


(Image: This a painting of a beagle named Rylee, 11x14, pastels on pastelmat.








1 comment:

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy