Thursday, January 21, 2021

I Discovered: 1970s Evangelical Publisher Used Comic Books to Lie About Science

Recently we found an old "comic book" at Tom's mom's house called "Primal Man." It had
cavemen on the cover, and it looked innocent enough. As a comic book collector  I had never heard of it.   When I researched it, I was glad I didn't. It was religious bullshit propaganda to teach children that science is "lies." I have to say that as a scientist, I was furious. So it went where it deserved to go, in the Trash. Keep this junk away from your children.  Here's the details on this garbage and this wacko publisher. >>>>

WHAT IS THE NAME OF IT?  "The Crusaders PRIMAL MAN?"  by Jack Chick publishing. 

WHY IS IT DAMAGING TO KIDS?   At the end of the book, it stated in bold "Evolution is a lie." 

This infuriates me on number of levels: 1) This "publisher" uses an innocent medium of comic books to teach bullshit religious ideas that the world was created in 7 days (it's a metaphor, people) and that evolution is not true (It IS A FACT). 
2) It's a cheap way to brainwash innocent children to believe made up crap. 
Evangelicals are the same fools that think humans and dinosaurs walked the Earth less than 4,000 years ago. Truly, they are idiots (I'm being nice here).  

SO WHAT IS JACK CHICK PUBLICATIONS? I had to  look it up. It's a right-wing Evangelical wacko company that uses comic formats to brainwash people into believing their religious junk.

WHO WAS THE FOUNDER?  Jack Thomas Chick was an American cartoonist and publisher, best known for his fundamentalist Christian "Chick tracts". He expressed his perspective on a variety of issues through sequential-art morality plays. Born: April 13, 1924, Boyle Heights, Los Angeles, CA Died: October 23, 2016.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy