Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Great Graphic Novel: Batman: Three Jokers


 In mid-2020 DC Comics published a 3-comic book run called "Batman: Three Jokers." It was hinted at in the comics back in 2018 (I believe). Recently they were published all together as a graphic novel and I got it as a self-Christmas present. It was Amazing!!

  Anyone who is a Batman fan, and is familiar with the iterations of the Joker since his inception in 1939 Detective Comics #27 (and the introduction of Batman) got to know the character as an evil criminal-type. As time went on, the Joker morphed into a psychotic clown, that killed the second of Batman's Robins (he's on his fourth as the others grew up and moved onto other identities). There's also the comedian-type criminal, which was my favorite depiction of the Joke in the 80s. 

This graphic novel addresses those character types in a pretty gripping story. I was also pleased to see that the Batgirl character was again a grown woman, not the ridiculous teenage character DC Comics had been portraying her as over the last 10 years. That said, this is a really gripping novel centered around the "Jokers," Batman, Batgirl and the Red Hood (former second Robin resurrected as a different hero). Get it!  Read it! Re-read it! I know I will. 5 of 5 stars. - Rob  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy