Friday, June 5, 2020

Finding Humor in Doggy Incontinence (Instead of Getting Upset)

Our 15 1/2 year old Weimaraner, Dolly, is incontinent with #1 and #2, so whenever we get up in the morning and there's no accidents, it's a banner day and a good start.  However, despite walks at night and helping her along, there are still accidents about 50-60% of the time. To cope with it, I turned to humor. Here's what I thought up! 


  I recently came up with a humorous way to look at Dolly's incontinence and "gifts." Since she's in a diaper, the #1 isn't an issue, but the #2 happens regardless because of the "tail hole." So, some mornings I awake to a "cleaning crew" event, and washing her, too. I told Tom we need one of those industrial signs that say "____ number of days without accidents." So, we're taking it a lot lighter now.
   Poor Dolly though. She is always embarrassed about it, but hey, it is what it is. She still walks, cuddles with Tyler, eats, does limited agility (although a lot slower) in the backyard, and is full of love.
   I've got the cleaning down pat, though. I have bleach, washcloths, and laundry detergent handy. It's all part of getting old. I used to get upset about it, but that does no good for anyone, so now (after an exclamation of surprise or relief) I clean it up if needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy