Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Book Review: The Flash: Climate Changeling

Those of you whom read this blog know that I'm an avid reader of various genres. As a superhero
fan, though, I recently read the paperback novel "The Flash: Climate Changeling" by Richard Knaack.
  I have not read anything else by Richard, and although I like how familiar he was with the CW Network Television network show characters, the book presented run-ins with the Flash and Weather Wizard over and over and over again, with the Flash begging Weather Wizard to stop the severe weather, and then Flash winds up being defeated again and again. So, it got repetitious and I think the story could have been told in 250 pages  instead of 430 pages.
   I'm certainly not someone who ranks books poorly on Amazon (because everyone's taste is different, and hey, I have 5 books on there.. and I hate it when people have the nerve to write "I bought this for a friend and didn't read it, but it sucks."). In fact, I've read award winning books that I couldn't finish. Several of them. 
   This one I finished, and it was about a "C" to me, as a Flash fan.
(As a side note, I noticed "Goodreads.com" ranked it 3.7 out of 5 stars. )

ABOUT THE BOOK: One of the Flash's deadliest foes--the Weather Wizard--returns to kill Joe West and the Scarlet Speedster. Will he unleash a far greater evil?

Months ago, Joe West's timely intervention saved the Flash from being murdered by meta-human Clyde Mardon. Clyde was killed and his elder brother Mark, the Weather Wizard, was incarcerated in Iron Heights prison, furious, bitter, and desperate for revenge... As storms gather over Central City, a mysterious spectre who looks just like the deceased Clyde quickens his brother's escape. With one of Central City's most feared villains on the loose, Barry Allen and the team at S.T.A.R. Labs race to track him down before he can take catastrophic vengeance on the entire metropolis.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy