Wednesday, May 1, 2019

My Good Experience with Stem Cell Therapy

In June 2018, I somehow injured my left shoulder. It may bave been from dragging a heavy suitcase full of books whenever I traveled to do lectures and sell my books. I'm not sure. What I do know is that I was told I would be in pain for the rest of my life. So, enter stem cell therapy.

WHAT HAPPENED - Last summer I started waking in the middle of the night from very sharp pain in the center of my shoulder (the supraspinatus tendon and bicepital tendon). It woke me up EVERY Night, and it didn't matter if I slept on the shoulder or slept on the other side and had the shoulder exposed to the air. It still gave me super sharp pains every night and woke me up.
 
DOCTOR VISIT-  I went to an orthopedic doctor and they had me go through an MRI (magnetic resonance imagery) to get a look at the muscle. They found a small tear in the middle of the shoulder, and a muscle sprain. They gave me a rubber band to use to do pulling exercises to strengthen the muscle and said that it should help. Well, I did them every single day for 8 months and NOTHING changed. I went back to the orthopedic doctor and was told "You'll have to live with this pain for the rest of your life, or we "COULD" try surgery. But no guarantees with surgery and it's about $9,000 or so. I said "No."

FINDING STEM CELLS - I read a great book called "Walking Papers by Francesco Clark, a young man paralyzed by a diving accident, who had stem cell therapy in China. He was a quadrapelic after his accident. He couldn't even breathe on his own. But he and his family were determined to heal his body. Between his determination (he sang daily in the hospital to strengthen his throat and get rid of breathing tubes) and stem cell therapy be began to regain feeling and movement in his upper body. He alsor regained feeling in his lower body (although still using a wheelchair, he's come so far!). I was inspired. 
 
FINDING A STEM CELL DOCTOR - First, know that stem cell therapy isn't covered by ANY insurance. I have blue cross / blue shield. Second, research your doctors. I found the Carle center for pain management in Baltimore, MD and made an appointment. I decided to get the two stem cell injections with PRP/blood plasma, from your own blood that they draw. The doctor injected it in 2 places in my shoulder where the sharp pains woke me nightly. I won't lie, it hurt like hell, and I screamed "shit!" aloud during each injection. I'm sure the people in the waiting room heard me.

WHAT ARE STEM CELLS? - Stem cells are cells with the potential to develop into many different types of cells in the body. They serve as a repair system for the body. There are two main types of stem cells: embryonic stem cells and adult stem cells.

THREE DAYS LATER - The doctor told me I would feel some improvement in maybe a week or three. BUT, in 3 DAYS, the searing, sharp, stabbing pain in the center of my shoulder had disappeared. The stem cells were replicating and healing the tear. (Maybe all the coffee I drink helps!).  The pain shifted to a dull pain in the front of my shoulder, and I still have it, but I'm getting magnetic, electronic and laser therapy on it, to continue helping the stem cells multiply. 

BOTTOM LINE - Stem cell therapy works. It helps reinvigorate the body and heal it. I'll conitnue to heal, but my shoulder no longer wakes me every night. That's Amazing.- Rob

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy