Saturday, May 18, 2019

#3 of 5 Albums that Influenced me: Love Tracks by Gloria Gaynor

Earlier this month my friend Bill asked me to post 5 albums that influenced me or changed my life in some way. Here's #3:Love Tracks by Gloria Gaynor because of the number 1 song it contained.
   In 1979, when this came out with "I Will Survive" (which hit number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for 2 non-sequential weeks, yeah, I'm a geek), I could relate to it. I was 16 and a geeky teenager with no friends. But, I was optimistic. I read comic books and admired Superheroes so I began working out to build muscle and self confidence. I discovered Dolly Parton and modeled my personality after her optimism. Above all, I thought "I Will Survive" and that song became very important to me. - Rob

ABOUT THE ALBUM: Love Tracks is the sixth studio album by Gloria Gaynor, released in 1978 on Polydor Records.
Love Tracks includes her million-selling #1 hit single "I Will Survive" which originally started out as the b-side to the album's first single, a cover of Clout's "Substitute" before it was flipped. (The 12" single was quickly deleted and the 4:56 album version was replaced with the 8:01 12" version in order to sell more albums).
The song "Anybody Wanna Party" also became a hit, becoming a top 20 hit on the club/dance chart, as well as peaking at #16 on the R&B chart.


Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy