Thursday, June 16, 2022

Tombstone Grand Hotel: Not a Good Experience

Recently, I visited the town of Tombstone, Arizona for an event. I stayed at the Tombstone Grand Hotel and this year's experience was not good, and it's obviously because of poor management. Here's the story:

In 2019 when I stayed at this hotel, I had a good experience. At that time, the staff was always on duty and the breakfasts were actually a buffet.

In 2022, it was not a good experience (although the rooms were nice enough). Upon check-in, I told the front desk clerk I had reserved a room for 3 nights. However, I had changed my plans upon arrival since the airport was 1 1/2 hours drive, so I informed the front desk I would only be staying for 2 night (giving 48 hours notice). I asked if the hotel would kindly refund my third night, since I've given 48 hours notice. The desk clerk (who was not the manager) informed me I had to call Expedia, the booking agent, so I did. Expedia said they would get approval from the manager.

Expedia called me 4 days after my return home and said the manager refused to refund me despite 48 hours notice.

I called the hotel to speak with the manager but was told that he is not usually around and doesn't return phone calls. I also verified with the front desk clerk that 48 hours is more than adequate notice to cancel one night.
The cancellation was one thing. The other thing was the "free full breakfast" promise. In 2022, they no longer provide full breakfasts. When I went into the "dining room" the signs for "eggs, bacon, toast, cereal and coffee/tea" were all covered up by pieces of white paper. There was nothing out.
I asked about breakfast at the front desk and was given a brown paper lunch bag that contained a warm apple and a (not good looking) prepackaged muffin. It was certainly not the egg and bacon breakfast included as promised - It's a snack.

I was disgusted and irritated at the manager's lack of customer service. I do feel badly for the front desk staff, too, because they're doing all they can under his direction. After many years of staying there, I will never stay there again.

I will say that the best part of the hotel was capturing this photo of sunset from my room (See below).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy