Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Saw: Downton Abbey: A New Era at the Theatre!

 This past weekend we went to the movie theatre for the first time I can remember since the pandemic. The movie that brought us there was Downton Abbey: A New Era. We've been fans of the television show since it came out. We also enjoyed the first theatrical film released a couple of years ago and were surprised when this one was announced. 

  All of the characters returned (except Lady Mary's husband, so we assumed he didn't want to renew or he was busy). Like the first film (in 2019) and the television series, I loved this. Tom thought it was "okay." But any movie that can get me invested in the characters and make me smile or make me cry (this one did that - glad I brought kleenex) is a great film. 

I really liked the storylines and the way the writers show the introduction of innovation, like silent films transitioning into "talkies." If you liked the Television series, you need to see this. I also think they perfectly wrapped up several character storylines that have been lingering. 5 of 5 stars for me! 

ABOUT THE FILM: Some of the Crawley family goes on a grand journey to the South of France to uncover the mystery of the dowager countess's newly inherited villa. Meanwhile, the others deal with a 1930 film crew who comes to the estate. 

 VIDEO CLIP OF TRAILER: https://youtu.be/wN0Spmq610Q

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy