Sunday, November 17, 2019

Idiot of the Week:Myles Garrett, Cleveland Browns Football Player

This week's idiot is a football player who lost his temper and beat a player on the opposing team with a helmet, just for grabbing a football. If you or anyone have anger issues, get them resolved before playing sports or doing competitive things. This is really more of an idiotic (and quite brutal) event, and a man that needs counseling. Here's the story (courtesy of our friend and football fan, Jeff B):

The Washington Post reported "One of the ugliest on-field incidents in NFL history Thursday night prompted one of its most stringent penalties Friday. The league suspended Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett indefinitely for the episode late in Thursday’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in which Garrett yanked the helmet from the head of Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph and hit him in the head with it."

Garrett’s suspension will cover at least the Browns’ six remaining games in the 2019 regular season and any postseason games they might play, the NFL said.

HIS APOLOGY -“Last night, I made a terrible mistake,” Garrett said in a statement released Friday by the Browns. “I lost my cool and what I did was selfish and unacceptable. I know that we are all responsible for our actions and I can only prove my true character through my actions moving forward. I want to apologize to Mason Rudolph, my teammates, our entire organization, our fans and to the NFL. I know I have to be accountable for what happened, learn from my mistake and I fully intend to do so.”
Video: https://youtu.be/eef-l5pcEIk

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy