Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Our Dog is Now Incontinent- Best Solution for Medium-Sized Dogs!

Recently our girl Dolly, a Weimaraner (70 lbs). who will be 15 years old on Nov. 29th became incontinent and dribbles whenever she lays down.

TRIED THE PEE PADS - I tried the pee pads but it was continual washing, and sometimes when she lay down, she'd spin around and move the pee pads, peeing on the actual bed. That meant taking the bed apart and washing the cover and the pee pads! I also tried putting towels and blankets over the pee pads to keep them steady, but those were also moved and peed on.

DISPOSABLE DIAPERS DIDN'T WORK- Dolly has some fatty growths under her tummy, so disposable dog diapers wouldn't hold and just slid off her. I knew she needed something that would hold them on. Something with straps, like suspenders. Then I found them.

FOUND THE BEST, COMFORTABLE HARNESS - Our canine acupuncturist, Marcie Baer   told me about a velcro and cloth diaper that also affixes around the dog's chest/neck area.
Image may contain: dog, tree, outdoor and nature
The diaper/harness is called Stay Put Unisex dog Diaper (cloth) ("#D165020) from "In Company of Dogs" and it is amazing.
It was $57 with shipping.

HOW I USE IT - I bought a lot of dog and even human disposable diapers in my previous attempt to control things, so I use them with this Stay Put cloth diaper. I cut up a disposable diaper and put 1/2 a pad in the Stay Put diaper. Then, I change the disposable pad daily.

The harness is easy to affix because of the velcro straps around the neck and around the diaper part. Dolly doesn't mind it at all - and sleeps with it on. This is the best ever if your Weimaraner or small to medium sized-dog is incontinent.




Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy