Friday, November 29, 2019

Today Dolly the Weim Turns 15 (that's 110 in Human Years)

Dolly today
Today marks our Weimaraner, Dolly's, 15th birthday. That makes her 110 in human years and she's still going strong.

HER HISTORY - She was one of a litter of 6 puppies that were abandoned in a kill shelter in Atlanta by a breeder. The story was that the mother of the puppies contracted tetanus and couldn't feed them and the breeder (was too lazy) couldn't bottle feed them. So the shelter called Amber Keirn at Wolf Creek Weimaraner rescue in Knoxville, Tennessee. (It's not in operation anymore and Amber is a Farm Manager at Hatponics and does Reiki). Amber and others bottle fed the pups and adopted them out when they turned 3 months. I don't know if any of her other siblings are still with us today.
Dolly Adoption Day!  March 2005

ADOPTION DAY -  In March 2005, I (Rob) drove down to Tennessee from Maryland with our friend Jeff to adopt Dolly (her name was Chloe then). Dolly's full name is Dolly Loretta. Named for Dolly Parton (my favorite) and Loretta Lynn (Jeff's favorite singer). Dolly and I have been through everything in the last 15 years and she's been my rock.



A FAVORITE MEMORY - One of my favorite memories include us dressing up as Superman and Krypto (Superman's dog) in 2006 and 2007.

TODAY - Although she's only got 30% of her vision, she still does agility courses in our living room, is able to walk up and down 13 stairs several times a day, walks around the neighborhood 2 or 3 times a day and is still active. In October she became incontinent so she sports a denim diaper, but other than that, she's doing great.
One of my fav pics of Dolly from 2005 @grandma and grandpa's house

I checked what 15 means for weims and it said "110 human years! She truly is KRYPTO the Superdog!

NEXT: THE PARTY!



Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy