Friday, January 25, 2019

A fun Movie! Dumplin' on Netflix

Anyone that knows me (Rob), knows that I'm a huge fan of Dolly Parton, and her music and more are in the fun movie DUMPLIN' on Netflix (based on a book). It also features lots of Dolly's music (mostly classics redone in collaborations) in a new soundtrack.  Tom and I both really enjoyed this movie!!! SEE IT on NETFLIX!

ABOUT THE MOVIE- Directed by Anne Fletcher, DUMPLIN’ follows an outspoken plus-sized teenage girl named Willowdean (Danielle Macdonald), who’s known as Will to her friends and Dumplin’ to her mother (Jennifer Aniston), a former beauty queen who now runs the local Miss Teen Blue Bonnet pageant. In her small Texas town, Will confidently ignores comments about her weight and listens to Dolly Parton songs obsessively. But when she decides to enter her mother’s pageant in protest, her bold move encourages other contestants to follow in her footsteps, redefining the town’s traditions in the process.
  

WHY DOLLY IS MY FAVORITE -     Dolly is my favorite entertainer/singer/songwriter. As I said recently, she changed my life- because I learned my optimism from her. She was and has always been a tremendous influence on my life to help others, appreciate the simple pleasures and little things, smile at others and be positive.- Yes, our dog Dolly is named after Dolly Parton.

VIDEO TRAILER: https://youtu.be/k86KDFh_q6E



Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy