Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Finally! a Great Daredevil Trade Paperback

    I've been a comic book fan since the 1970s, and have loved DC and Marvel characters. I'm much
more of a DC Comics character fan than a Marvel fan, but I've always liked the blind superhero Daredevil (well, he has "radar senses and heightened other senses). Back in the 1970s and 80s I enjoyed reading his exploits, but after that, they became to dark and depressing. Recently writer Mark Waid took over the writing, and the character is again interesting and a lighter tone, despite fighting villains in New York's crime-ridden "Hell's Kitchen" neighborhood.
   In the first trade paperback of the Waid series "Daredevil, Vol. 1 Paperback – August 8, 2012"
 - issues #1-6 are covered. The stories are great and the artwork is, too. Really enjoyable, and one I will keep and read again and again. 
   I was inspired to give Daredevil a re-try after enjoying the (now sadly canceled) Netflix series that starred Charlie Cox. I'm glad I did. Mark Waid's writing has resurrected the character for me. This is worth getting!
-Rob 

ABOUT THE PAPERBACK: With new enemies, new friends and that same old "grinnin' in the face of hell" attitude, the Man Without Fear is back in action and leading with his face! Mark Waid (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, Irredeemable, RUSE) joins neo-legendary artists Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin for a new spin on Daredevil that will leave you gasping for air. Having turned his world upside down during the past several years, Matt Murdock realizes justice may not be blind to his past and villains may not be the only ones looking for answers. Bring it on! If Matt Murdock could see what he was doing, he'd be terrified.

COLLECTING: DAREDEVIL 1-6

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy