Saturday, January 26, 2019

My Brand New Phone - A 1 in a Million: DEFECTIVE

 My new phone, just 27 days old, decided to stop allowing me to make calls on the cellular network and only use Wi-fi connections. SIGH. Before this phone, my previous "new phone" was a manufacturer defect, too. 
   My friend Bill S. has always said to me, "the person who gives, helps or cares about others will always be the one to get screwed first." Well, that describes what phones do with me. 

BLUETOOTH GONE BAD -   The last time I bought a phone in late 2017 it was an LG android. After about 9 months the bluetooth stopped working. It would never connect with the bluetooth in the truck, so I couldn't talk while in the vehicle. I brought it to T-Mobile and they said it was a manufacturers defect, and there was no way to repair the Bluetooth software (I even checked on line and confirmed it). It was just the "Luck of the draw" that I got a defective phone. 

NEW PHONE 27 DAYS AGO -     I endured that for about 7 months until Dec. 28th, 2018. That's when I finally had enough and Tom and I went to T-Mobile and bought new phones.  During the data transfer I should have realized the phone they were giving me was defective. It took 3 times to transfer data to my phone, because the connection kept severing. Tom's phone, which had 80% more pictures, was done transferring data in 30 minutes. Mine took 2 hours, and still didn't get everything.

NO LONGER ABLE TO USE CELL SIGNALS -     Yesterday, Friday, January 25, the cell phone service wouldn't work. It had become spotty over the week and the phone would only work whenever it was connected to a Wi-Fi. That means - ONLY working in the House.  Today, the phone even dropped wi-fi signals in the house. I was LIVID. I just spent $450 on this phone 27 days ago!!!
 
T-MOBILE- Yes, I have insurance on the phone and T-Mobile said the insurance allows a swap with a refurbished phone (not a new one). However, since this phone has only been out for 1 month, there may not be refurbished phones. In fact, the really nice clerk named Rachel in Gambrills, MD tested the phone every which way possible, and stayed 30 mins after the store closed (I didn't know and felt guilty).  She said there has never been a return on my phone for defect. I just got "ONE IN A MILLION." - DEFECTIVE.

REPLACEMENT PHONE- The replacement phone should take 2 days, so people have to call Tom (whom, btw, doesn't turn on his ringer), or HOPE that I'm home on Wi-fi. I called Customer service when I got home, a woman in customer service (I wish I wrote her name down, she was great) said the phone will take the 2 days to arrive. She apologized profusely, but I told her I know it wasn't T-Mobile's fault. It's the Manufacturer's fault!- and my bad luck for getting the 1 in a million defect. T-Mobile was nice enough to not only call for a new phone, but also credit me for my monthly bill. THAT'S GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.  The clerk in the store and the woman on the help line both were extremely patient and helpful. 
  That's usually my experience with T-Mobile, and why I've been with them over 17 years. .



Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy