Thursday, November 24, 2016

DC comics "Invasion Secret No More" TPB - basis for CW Network's 4 tv show crossover

I just finished reading the 1980s DC Comics Graphic Novel trade paperback called "Invasion, Secret No More." Although a huge DC Comics' superhero fan, I hadn't read it before. I picked it up because the story line is going to be the basis for the upcoming CW Network 4 TV show crossover of my 4 favorite TV shows: The Flash, Supergirl, Arrow and Legends. 
  Honestly, I didn't care for it. This is only the second big "event" comic I didn't care for. The other was "Final Crisis." The latter because it was depressing and everyone died. This one, because it was mostly all about weird aliens and not really superheroes and because the writing and the artwork were not my favorites. 
  For DC Comic book aficionados, the late 80s was a time when the Justice League didn't have any regular members, other than Batman (and he was used really poorly) and the artwork and stories were not appealing to me. It was also the time of "Justice League International" (another not so good time in the history of the group). Usually I don't write up bad reviews, but I had all to do to get through this. 

   On the BRIGHT SIDE- I know that the CW Network 4 TV series superhero crossover event will be much, much better. It all stars Nov. 28th.
  

CW Network 4 cross-over shows
STORY:  The massive 3-issue event series from 1988 is collected for the first time! In this universe-spanning saga, the deadly but emotionless Dominators have come to Earth to wipe out the threat posed by metahumans. But what is the real reason for their attack? Written by Keith Giffen & Bill Mantlo
Art by Todd McFarlane, Bart Sears, P. Craig Russell
, Joe Rubinstein and others
Cover by McFarlane & Rubinstein

YOU CAN SEE THE TRAILER for the CW NETWORK CROSS OVERS HERE:

https://youtu.be/qQD0FF15zrI 




Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy